- Those borrowers that are in receipt of Centrelink payments can buy advances on their Centrelink re re payments.
- No interest loans вЂ“for individuals on low incomes who’ve a Centrelink Concession Card, NILS provides loans as high as $1200 (or higher in special circumstances) to get important items for your home.
- Low-value interest loans вЂ“ individuals on low incomes could be entitled to loans of between $800 or over to $3000 through community providers across numerous elements of Australia. The loans are offered for individual, domestic or home purposes such as for example fridges, automobiles, computer systems, furniture, medical costs and household repairs.
- Negotiating with existing creditors вЂ“ customers can acquire independent free suggestions about the choices to deal with their economic dilemmas through economic counsellors. They could find their nearest monetary counsellor by ringing the free hotline on 1800 007 007 from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- Looking for difficulty relief with a software application provider – customers having difficulty spending a water, phone, fuel or electricity bill, contact your energy provider and inquire to speak to ‘hardship’ officers who is able to assist them work a plan out to pay for their bill in instalments.
The government has also been examining ways to make these alternatives more accessible to consumers, and will be releasing a discussion paper in the next 3 months, with more detailed proposals as part of these reforms.